1. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT US
Persuasion Republic is Ireland’s leading full-service fundraising and social marketing agency.
We partner with excellent progressive organisations – charities, NGOs, cultural groups and public bodies – on vital social issues helping them to fundraise, build awareness and support for their work and programmes. Our work with our wonderful clients impacts significantly on making Ireland a more just, inclusive, and equal place.
We help our clients across four key areas:
- General fundraising including direct mail, EDM, DRTV, video, community, events and digital
- Philanthropy, major gift and legacy fundraising
- Fundraising planning and strategy
- Public advocacy campaigning
Our current clients include: The Alzheimer Society of Ireland, Pieta, The Irish Cancer Society, Chernobyl Children International, Goal, Focus Ireland, Trinity Alumni Foundation, Women’s Aid, Irish Red Cross, Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services and Age Action.
2. THE ROLE YOU’LL PLAY
Your title: Account Manager
Who you report to: Client Director
Salary band: €35,000 – €40,000 DOE
The Account Manager builds and services strong and lasting client relationships by identifying and understanding client needs and ensuring we consistently meet them with great solutions. The role brings together both a day-to-day client/project management function and also, a higher-purpose, big picture, strategic insight role.
People are encouraged to attend in the office but we operate a blended workplace/WFH system for all staff.
3. YOUR KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key duties involve four broad areas:
A. DAY TO DAY CLIENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT
B. STRATEGIC EXPERTISE AND COMPETENCIES
C. PRODUCTION, TECHNICAL AND QUALITY CONTROL
D. WORKING ENVIRONMENT, TEAMWORK, LEARNING
To summarise, the Account Manager will:
- Play a lead role being the main peer-to-peer agency contact for the client representing the client’s day-to-day interests/business needs.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of projects on budget and according to our clients’ needs and objectives. You will coordinate project/client presentations.
- Identify and develop key relationships with external suppliers and negotiate best deals for the client and agency.
- Work with the creative and production teams, manage client feedback and amends/approve schedules.
- You will have a good level of expertise and knowledge of charity fundraising – and continually enhance it.
- Do your upmost to understand and gain insights into the business world of your clients – the strengths, opportunities, weaknesses and threats that exist in their fundraising and communications environment.
- Help develop an evaluation plan with clients to gather, monitor, analyse and interpret key metrics of success, project projections and campaign results.
- Work with the Client Directors and Account Managers to develop new business.
- Ensure that you avail of the best learning and professional opportunities needed for your role. A learning/professional development plan will be agreed with you.
- Represent and promote Persuasion Republic in a proud and positive way in all settings and at all times.
- Adhere to, and bring value added to Persuasion Republic’s core and heart-felt values around equality, fairness, justice, inclusiveness, diversity and treating people with empathy, dignity and respect.
4. IS THIS YOU?
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years’ successful experience in fundraising and project management and a proven track and passion for the work.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of general fundraising, across multiple channels.
- Ability to take direction, work on your own initiative, in teams, and work to deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Fluent English.
- A relevant third level qualification would be an asset.
5. CONTRACT TERMS & CONDITIONS
Full time position subject to performance with a six-month probationary period.
Hours of Work: 35 hours with some out-of-work hours required on an occasional basis.
6. TAKING THE NEXT STEP
Submit your cv and cover letter in the strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give us a few hundred words on why you want to work with us, how you believe you fulfil the criteria for the role and what value added you’ll bring.
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm, Friday 1 December 2023.
See www.persuasionrepublic.ie for more information on the agency and our work.